Friday, September 20, 2013

A Surprise Wedding

One of the things I love most about weddings is meeting new people who I might not otherwise meet in my job or regular life. I also get to do some many new and different things!

Last weekend was no exception. I got to do my very first SURPRISE WEDDING. And this wedding was a surprise....for the BRIDE!

When Shawn first called me and old me he wanted to surprise Lisa with a wedding. The two had been together for 15 years, raising Lisa's daughter and then going on to have two sons together. They have a business, a home, a whole wonderful life together, but Shawn wanted to make it official. They were already planning a big backyard BBQ with their family and friends on their property, so while they had everyone together- what a great chance to tie the knot! I coached Shawn through the planning and tried to write something simple and personal for their day.

Here's an excerpt:

The truth is that these two have something that is very special. They have created and raised a family together. They’ve made a home, they run a business, they’ve shared their lives for quite a long time, so today is not a new journey for them, but instead an important milestone. It’s a ceremony and a moment to share with all of you what they have known to always be true in their hearts- they love each other, are committed to one another and want to spend the rest of their lives together. 

I think Shawn and I were both a little nervous going in- but he was right, she LOVED it! They were such awesome sports and their friends and family were thrilled for them. Best part- they throw a great party! I had so much fun being a part of it. Congrats to Shawn and Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment