Sunday, October 17, 2010

DateBank iPhone App








I'm often asked what I do in "real" life--you know, when I'm not marrying people off. Well, I'm a writer. I was a newspaper reporter for several years, but have spent the past eight years doing freelance writing of all sorts--everything from short articles to ghostwriting books. And now, I can add an iPhone/iPad app to that list.

A few months ago, three local guys (Jason Ballard, Josiah Peters and Darian Kovacs) tracked me down and got me involved in writing DateBank, an iPhone app that helps guys plan fun, creative dates. The lads had brainstormed a number of ideas, and I helped them flesh them out (and popped in a few dates of my own). It was a lot of fun, and a chance for me to use all of he crazy pop culture references that bounce around my head. This weekend, the DateBank app launched in the iTunes app store. It's fun, easy-to-use, and full of great, wholesome date ideas.

It's important for any couple--whether they have been dating for just a few days, or have been married for a hundred years, to stay creative and proactive in making plans together. Hopefully, this little app will help couples keep that spark alive!

1 comment:

  1. Also he used some of our classic Jordan and Jenny dates of past years! We've tested them out and they're winners :)

    ReplyDelete